I have worked with Shiseido, Laura Mercier, Bare Minerals and NARS on lip, eye, cheek and foundation categories for Virtual Try-On experience. I am mainly responsible for analysis of product lines, mature scanning for the products and makeup templates design. I have designed the templates include: eyeshadow, eyeliner, eyebrow, eye lash, cheek, foundation, lip liner, lip art, etc.
Role: Product/UX Designer
- Understand. Review business requirements, conduct research and launch competitor analysis
- Ideate. Sketch out logical solutions.
- Decide. Make decisions and turn ideas into a testable hypothesis.
- Prototype. Hack together realistic prototype.
- Test. Get feedback from PM and engineers.
- Develop. Designed mobile, webpage for VTO demonstration with engineers.
- Ensure the template style and shape comply with brands’ requirements and market aesthetics.
- Ensure VTO results are as real as possible.
- Create makeup templates per brands’ requests for VTO.
- Get virtual color and texture from the product scanning data, considering user’s original skin tone and lighting conditions.
- Design and ensure the applications are logically and user-friendly.
- Perform usability testing for tuning tool and VTO demo
- Create reference images and create guidebooks for color and texture tuning.
- Facilitate and improve the whole journey from brands to use internal tool for color or texture tuning of products.
- Launched bShiseido, Shiseido US and Shiseido Global website virtual try- on in 2020:
- Launched Bare Minerals website virtual try-on in 2020:
- Laura Mercier website virtual try-on in 2020:
- Laura Mercier IOS virtual try-on in 2020 (Launch soon)
- Nars website virtual try-on in 2020 (Launch soon)